performance and benchmark
More performance and benchmark results will be added in the future. If you have any interesting usecases or ideas, feel free contact us!
Table of Contents
- performance and benchmark
- Table of Contents
- Improve performance
There are several configs to improve the performance of bpftime:
- Use JIT when running the eBPF program. The JIT will be enabled by default in the future after more tests. See documents/usage.md for more details.
- Compile with LTO enabled. See documents/build-and-test.md for more details.
- Use LLVM JIT instead of ubpf JIT. See documents/build-and-test.md for more details.
- Disable logs. See documents/usage.md for more details.
The benchmark results are based on the above configs.
See https://github.com/eunomia-bpf/bpftime/tree/master/benchmark for how we run the benchmark.
sslsniff: trace SSL/TLS connections and raw traffic data
We used the sslsniff tool to trace and analyze SSL encrypted traffic of Nginx in bpftime's user-space Uprobe and compared it with the kernel Uprobe approach, observing a significant performance improvement:
The benchmark script and results can be found in benchmark/sslsniff.